Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend in Review


We had a very full, very fun weekend.

On Saturday, our neighborhood had a "parade". I was surprised by the turnout (pleasantly so). It was great to finally meet some neighbors. We met another family whose daughter goes to the same preschool as the little flower.

 There were three fire trucks- a big hit with all of the kids as you might imagine. Everyone followed behind and met up for popsicles at the end. We even went for a ride in a firetruck- all the kids were speechless:










That night we enjoyed sparklers, s'mores, and a backyard fire:






The next day we went to our CSA farm to pick strawberries. We were allowed to pick up to five pounds for free (as part of our share), we ended up picking seven. I will freeze as many as I can, but our freezer is small. I'm planning to make freezer jam and muffins. Then I'll only have five more pounds to worry about!









Superbaby decided she'd had enough after about three minutes of picking strawberries. She was hungry and the sun was beating down so we took shelter in the car most of the time:





I hope you had a lovely weekend!



No comments: