Monday, August 4, 2008

Dogs and Frogs

I've mentioned our neurotic dog, Piper. He has issues, particularly with other dogs. I've been extremely worried about this lately because at least two of our neighbors have dogs, normal dogs, the kind of dogs that might try and play with another dog, like Piper. Nightmare scenarios involving canine teeth and lawsuits cross my mind regularly.

Well, this past weekend we had a breakthrough. And I nearly had a breakdown- in a good way- but instead I grabbed my camera. What you are seeing in these photos (unedited-new computer-slow learner-bear with me) is a modern day miracle of sorts:







Our poor, neurotic, socially-awkward dog met another dog! A girl dog. He seems to at least tolerate, if not enjoy, her companionship. I may be getting a little too excited here, because they only played together for a few minutes, but I'm hoping she, a friendly yellow Lab, may become our dog's first real friend. Baby steps...



As we were making our way back inside after all of the excitement, Chris spotted this in our flower garden:







Have you ever seen such a small frog? I hadn't. The little flower and I were mesmerized. And then it hopped out of Chris' hands and back into it's natural habitat:





I think I need to get out more...

1 comment:

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

Glad your neurotic dog made a semi-friend LOL!!

I hate to admit this, but when I was WAAAAYYYY younger (a little older than Da'Gorgeouses) my grandparents had hundreds of those tiny frogs in their garden. We (my cousins and I) thought it would be a good idea to fill a couple of socks with those poor little frogs, unfortunately we forgot to take them out of the socks and the poor things died of heat exhaustion. I remember being in a lot of trouble for that!