Monday, August 31, 2009

Staycation



Chris was on vacation last week and it's the first time in a long time we didn't have plans to travel somewhere when he's off. It was nice. Very nice. We did a whole lot of nothing sprinkled with a few fun things. 

My aunt and uncle were in town so they came over for dinner Monday night. They live in Florida so we don't get to see them too much. It was fun. The little flower loves company:

 




Thursday night our nanny watched the girls so we could have a date night. We finally went to the Sundance Cinemas (something we've been wanting to do since moving here over a year ago) and saw Food Inc.. I don't know why I watch movies like this, they always depress me. But, I shall continue to vote three times a day for the changes I wish to see.  

This weekend we went to Middleton's Good Neighbor festival. It was drizzly and cold on Saturday so we stayed just long enough for the little flower to ride a few little rides:

 



Her first cotton candy:



The weather was beautiful on Sunday so we returned to the festival for more midwestern family fun. The little flower was just a little happy about this: 




We decided that we have a little daredevil on our hands.



The only ride that she did NOT LIKE AT ALL was the tilt-a-whirl. In hindsight, not the best judgement on our parts. It started out promising:



But then I watched helplessly as it quickly turned into this (this is the best picture I could get- it's not a happy face):



Poor baby. Lesson learned.



It was a great week. I look forward to many more 'staycations' in our future:)





No comments: