Saturday, January 10, 2009

Breathing Easier

I am now 24 weeks and past the point of viability. I saw the perinatologist yesterday and everything looks and feels great as far as the cerclage is concerned. Now we just wait. With each passing week I feel a little less anxiety and a lot more thankful. It was nice to get out of the house, even if it was just to drive to the hospital and back. 

Chris' good friend from college is in town visiting this weekend. The little flower is loving having a new person around to flirt with. I'm loving that Chris is enjoying some down time, however temporary.

The little flower is sleeping in her new big girl bed for the first time tonight. She's been sleeping in a Pack 'n Play since we moved. We opted to go straight to a full bed and so far so good. It slipped my mind to get rails for the bed so I made a cocoon with pillows and then tucked her quilt in around them. I'm really wishing I had a video monitor right about now. I had to lay with her tonight until she fell asleep but I expected as much. I also expect that she will wake up in the night and cry out for us. We'll see...


 


2 comments:

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

Congratulations on your 24 week milestone!! HUGE sigh of relief!!

I'm praying that little flower does well in her new big girl bed, we haven't dared take that big step yet. Of course, I'm in no hurry for Da'Gorgeouses to grow up (although they do keep doing it)!

As for the "glass" it's a 50mm f/1.8 II Canon for my Xti and was a little over 100. I'm really liking it for close ups, but like with anything else still need more practice---LOL!!

Hugs & Blessings!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad things are going so well for you. (aside from the staying in the house thing...that must be hard...but so worth it, of course.)

I'm awful at commenting but was happy to see you back when you first posted again a while ago. I had wondered what happened but didn't want to pry. :)