Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wired

I mentioned the television show The Wire in a previous post, I think we were just finishing the first season. About a year ago, I heard someone on NPR liken the show to "reading the best book you've ever read". I didn't think it was a very original concept for a television show. I'm not into police shows. Then I read this at Blue Poppy and was convinced to at least give it a try. This is just one of the many reasons I love reading blogs.

We just received the last disc of season two in the mail today and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to watching these episodes. I find myself thinking about the show out of the blue on any given day. Without wanting to give too much away (because you should all start watching it right along with me), something terrible happened to someone in a recent episode (how's that for not giving too much away) and after watching the scene I lost my appetite. I almost couldn't finish the piece of pie I was eating. It was that powerful people.

If I didn't have to wait on my husband who is as hooked as I am but who can really only stay up late enough to watch it on the weekends, I would watch nothing but back to back episodes until the very last one. And then start all over again...


*edited to add that it might not be everyone's cup of tea, lots of strong language, some nudity, drug-dealing, etc...Gotta love HBO:)

 

No comments: