Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fierce

So the other day I mentioned I discovered something that has taken over my life. That something is the television show 'Project Runway'. I have no idea why I decided to put it on hold at the library a few weeks back, but I am so glad I did. Have you seen it? In case you are way out of the loop like I was, it's basically a fashion design contest hosted by Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn among others. The three top designers show a collection at Fashion Week in NYC. I believe the seventh season just wrapped up and I think it's aired on Lifetime or maybe Bravo (I get it from the library or netflix). 

I have absolutely no interest in fashion, but it is so interesting to watch someone create a garment out of a few yards of fabric. Sometimes they don't even have fabric to work with, which forces the designers to think outside of the box. I can't sew, but watching this show somehow makes me feel like with enough practice I could actually design and assemble clothing. I want to go out and buy a dress form just so I can teach myself to drape! As the season progresses, you can't help but choose favorites for which to root. Sometimes I can hardly stand the suspense as Heidi announces who is "in" and who is "out". 

I started with season one and I'm now in the middle of season four. I am forcing myself to limit how many episodes I watch in a week. I could easily watch a whole disc of episodes in a row and not get bored. I've done a good job of avoiding reading anything pertaining to Project Runway online. I made the mistake of googling something because I was curious and couldn't help but see who the winner is going to be this season. Needless to say, it takes away the suspense. 

Trust me, if you find yourself in a TV rut and you're looking for a good show to watch you should give it a chance. Only a hot mess would not like it;)  

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love project runway. Isn't it so fun to find something new that is SO good? :) Have fun and pace yourself. ;)

Donna Boucher said...

I have watched every season of Project Runway.

I have not liked the last two winners.
I actually think they get it wrong.

But what do I know...
I'd wear the same blouse every day....

Loved Jay and who was the tall guy who mimiced Tim so well? And of course little fierce guy.
How about his tiny apartment?

Allison said...

PR is one of my all time favorite shows! Well, that and Top Chef, Criminal Minds, Next Food Network Star and Little Bear. Tee hee. I just discovered True Blood, and although I wouldn't have expected to fall in love with a vampire type of show I sure did. Head.Over.Heels.