Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Cerclage

So last Tuesday I went in for a prenatal visit and ended up being admitted to the hospital. Because of some symptoms I'd been having my OB checked my cervix. I was 1cm dilated at 21 weeks. She made some phone calls and sent me to a perinatologist who thought it would be best to place a cerclage. I was hesitant at first because of the risk involved but then I realized a) she knows way more about this stuff than I do and b) either way, there's risk involved. I went to the OR Christmas Eve and had the cerclage placed "with only one stitch", which I'm guessing is a good thing. I came home Christmas day. Aside from feeling like my jaw was broken for a few days ( problems with intubation?, rough anesthesiologist?), I'd say things went well. I'm still pregnant and enjoying every little kick, which are growing stronger by the day. 

No comments: