Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wow



Have you heard about Joannie Rochette? She skated beautifully last night. I wish I could embed a clip but you can see it here.

Dear Joannie,

You were the embodiment of grace, dignity, and strength last night. I don't know how you pulled that off. You should be very proud of yourself. Your mommy would be.

xoxo,

a new fan

It was really unbelievable. My heart aches for her.


***


Speaking of figure skating...I spied these at a thrift store a while back and snatched them up before I even checked the size.





I've tried my best to use the Olympics to create some enthusiasm about ice skating. Poppy's first experience was...well...a non-experience, as she refused to even set one foot on the ice. She keeps telling me that maybe when she's older she might want to try again. Really? Well apparently you haven't seen this (Rachael Flatt skating at age three-you won't be able to stand the cuteness) my darling.

That's right. Time's a wasting Poppy, time's a wasting!



No comments: