Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've done all the work for you.


Let me start by acknowledging that sometimes I make my life more difficult than it has to be. This is true. But, when it comes to any purchase I make be it food, cleaning products, clothing...anything, it is important to me (and my husband) to pick the least "toxic" and most "green" product available. I use quotes because these words are used so often by the media and in advertising that I feel they've sort of lost their meaning.

For us what this means is purchasing products with the least amount of chemicals, packaging, and distance traveled from where it was harvested/manufactured as is possible. And it has to never be tested on animals. And made in the USA (sadly, this is the most difficult wish to fulfill). I'm fully willing to pay more (within reason) for products that satisfy my expectations-- I'd rather scrimp on other things or simply buy less which I feel we all should be doing anyway but that's another tangent for another post.

So essentially I'm picky, particularly about baby products. Which serves me well since I just happen to have a baby. Well, technically a toddler. She toddles. The reason I tell you all of this is because I found a product I really like and I want to share:








On a whim I picked it up and I'm so glad I did. I love the smell. Just a hint of honey. Chris has even commented on how nice it makes the little one's hair feel (have I mentioned I love that man). I even use it sometimes and I look forward to trying more of their products. I've read rave reviews about their lotions and lip balm.

The company was recently purchased by Clorox, but as far as I can tell they still seem committed to making a quality product while taking into consideration the environment. And they don't test on animals. And the products are made in the United States. Good enough for me, how about you?


1 comment:

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

Burt's Bees makes the BEST lip balm and hand cream!