Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You wouldn't have done what?



My car won't start. But it's fine. No biggie. I didn't need to go anywhere today and truth be told I wish I never had to leave my little apartment. I'm actually sorta kinda happy that it won't start. I feel very conflicted because I know I shouldn't feel this way...but I do. See, the reason my car won't start is because my husband left one of the doors open. All night. I think the dome light drained the battery. Anyway, the reason this doesn't bother me is because I needed something to hold over his head. Something really good and I think this fits the bill.

Remember our trip to Madison last month? Well, I mentioned how we went to the wrong car rental company and then had to walk with all of our luggage and a toddler to the right car rental company. We barely made it and looked like complete dorks. It was not fun in case you were wondering. But it was really not fun for me because it was my fault. I forgot the car rental information and had to pretty much guess which shuttle to take. In my defense, I wanted to simply write down the reservation information but Chris insisted that I print everything out. I did and then left it sitting on the kitchen table. I'm writing it next time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my husband. I can't say enough good things about him, but he can really make me mad sometimes. He said something on that day I will never forget (and I won't ever let him forget it either)! As we drove away from the airport he was still mad, which made me more mad.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing" he responded. Yeah. Right.

"No, seriously, I can tell you want to say something, what?" I practically spit out.

"I just want to say one thing and then I'm done talking about it" he said. Isn't that the worst possible thing one can say if one really wants to stop talking about something?

"Yeah? What?" I asked, knowing this was going to be good.

"I wouldn't have done that" he tells me...with the utmost sincerity. No- this is the worst possible thing to say if one really wants to stop talking about something. And if one really wants to stay married I might add.

I'm sure I don't have to explain how terribly this went over. Or how now, whenever he does anything wrong, I have just the perfect thing to say to make him feel better. I'm sweet like that. And remember my car situation? How it won't start? Because my husband left the hatch open all night? Like I said, not a big deal. But even if it were, it would totally be worth the satisfaction I'm feeling right now as I think maybe you wouldn't have done that, but you did do this.

And I know he's thinking the exact same thing. Guess I should go get those jumper cables out...




Update: I had to sneak downstairs and hide behind a bush to get this shot. You don't know how much I wanted to yell "I wouldn't have done that honey!"





No comments: