Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This and That- Part Two



I've been remiss in not mentioning THE Amazing Race. Are you watching? Which teams do you like? I'm going with Dan and Jordan. If for no other reason than the fact that he makes fun of this one so that I don't have to:





THE Iraq? Seriously? Poor girl. If they win I don't think I'll ever stop rolling my eyes.

***

American Idol. I'm not sure about the guys. I like Andrew Garcia. The girls? I think Crystal Bowersox is by far the best singer. But I think some of the other girls have more of "it", as Simon would say. Stage presence, charisma, the American Idol "look". If I were voting, it would be for Crystal.

***

Last night at bedtime:

Poppy: "But, I want to sleep in your bed"
Me: "I know honey, but remember I told you that Mommy and Daddy need special Mommy and Daddy time at night"
Poppy: after long pause "but, I need Poppy time.

***

The other day in the car:

Me: "I love you Poppy"
Poppy: "I love you, too sweetie"

***

We read this book last night for the first time (I hope these pictures show up!):


Jacket.aspx.jpg



Madeline falls into the river below and a dog saves her. Poppy has been very concerned about Madeline drowning ever since. She told me she would like another Madeline book without the drowning. I agree...sheesh.

***

Have you seen these children's books?

So far we have 'Dancing with Degas' and 'A Magical Day with Matisse'. We love them. I love that they're board books. I love the text and, of course, the pictures- all art masterpieces. At the end of each book is a list of the paintings and the museums in which they appear. I purchase few books (I prefer the library), but I will be purchasing this whole set over time.

What about you? Any favorite children's books? I'd love to hear:)





3 comments:

Michele Cioffi-Macchiarole said...

We loooove Amazing Race....although I am Team Jordan and Jeff, but I like how Dan and Jeff make fun of the beauty queen. And American Idol I love Andrew Garcia, loved how he re-did Paula Abdul's song, and I love Crystal Bowersox....but I am always for the underdog. As for books, one of our favs, since Danny was about 2 is the Giving Tree....By Shel Silverstein, still to this day it is a bedtime request a couple times a week. He has a couple silly books that are poem books and my kids really enjoy them.....Well thanks for the update.....Michele

Stephanie said...

poppy time. did you tell her that poppy time is basically ALL the time? :) That is so cute that she called you sweetie.

I have to check out those books. They sound really cool and my kids could use a little culture with their Batman & Dora books. :)

Donna Boucher said...

"I love you too sweetie"
Oh my heart. So dang adorable.

I like the cowboys and the dad and daughter.
Seems like they don't show much of some couples.