Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fun trumps blogging. Sometimes.


When I started this blog, my intent was to publish a post every day. Then when I realized that for one reason or another that wasn't going to happen, I planned to post on weekdays. To make a long story short, I now pretty much post whenever I have the time. This week turned out to be a slow week for me in terms of posting and I should probably get on with it so I can complete this post before something comes up.

We keep seeing this little bunny, right outside our front door. We look for him/her every morning now as we make our way to the bottom of the stairs. The little flower loves to stand quietly at the window and watch:






Also:





I should have written she discovered sidewalk chalk-- with her mouth (see the evidence around her mouth in the picture below)!






Her hair isn't really that red, although I must say I wouldn't mind a bit if it were. It always looks redder in pictures. I thought it looked good with her coloring so I went with it...she wasn't sure what to think after she realized chalk isn't suitable for eating. I think at 19 months old she might still be a little too young for sidewalk chalk:





but I had fun!





Yesterday we received two packages from my Mom, one of which contained this:






which contained these:






Fabric remnants (among other things- Thanks Mom!). I couldn't open the package fast enough...she loves small pieces of fabric. She's been infatuated with my kitchen towels up until now, but this? Oh, be still her heart!







She covered herself:





She covered Mommy (while I held the camera as far away as possible with my left hand to take this shot- quite the arm workout I must say- pathetic I know, but true):






Then I covered her. Have you ever seen such a cute little babushka?






Then this happened:




Uh-oh, it's not looking good for the babushka:





Look at the sheer joy of accomplishment on her face:



Babushka be gone!



On the surface, this is just a toddler (and her Mom) having fun with pieces of cloth, but look closer and you'll see:






There's a lot of learning going on in that little brain, and it's hard work!




May your weekend be filled with fabric remnants and sidewalk chalk...






3 comments:

Life in the Crazy Lane said...

That first shot of her trying to get the babushka wrap off her head made me laugh out loud! What sheer determination mixed with panic on her face! Ha ha!

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

What a doll little flower is! Sidewalk chalk, we've been meaning to get to that, but these days it's hard to breathe outside with 102 degree heat :( and fabric remnants, those look like loads of fun for BOTH of you! Now that's a grandma that knows her grandbaby!

Hugs & Blessings!

Laura said...

Sweet, and true. You could see her wheels spinning furiously in her head.

Learning all the time!