Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Monday:)

Chris was sick so he stayed in bed most of the day on Saturday. Poppy and I had a late breakfast together while Chloe took her first nap of the day. I made biscuits with homemade strawberry jam. Decadence.




 I finally found a good biscuit recipe. It will be my go-to recipe from now on. No shortening, just lots o' butter. Paula Deen would be proud. Poppy asked for more with lunch and dinner:)
 


I took advantage of the nice sunny weather and the abundance of leaves in our yard* and had an outdoor photo session with the girls:



Don't mind the too big sweater I threw on Chloe before I realized it made her look like a boy with no hands.


 Chloe


I forgot to say "whatever you do, DO NOT look into the camera and give me a sweet smile", so I got a lot of this:
 

Rest


Good thing I have this guy. He's always willing to go outside and sit pretty for me:


Piper


I played around and made this:


Fall 2009


I can't decide if I like the crimson red or the bright mustard yellow colored leaves more. I know that without a doubt fall is my favorite season. Sweata weatha. It invigorates me. It speaks to my soul.

We introduced a new book into our nightly routine:





As you may have gathered it's a halloween themed parody of Goodnight Moon. Poppy doesn't really get Halloween yet. I think she was a little confused but she went with it- anything to stall bedtime.

Then, of course, my beloved Amazing Race. I don't think that has ever happened in the history of the show, someone coming in last and going home because they refused to do something. I would think one would expect to encounter heights and/or water at least once during the course of the race.

 The only thing I absolutely won't do when we go on the race (;0) is skydive. Or drink blood. I wonder if the team members are allowed to take medication. I think I might be able to jump out of a plane if I were doped up enough.

Do you watch the show? Is there anything you absolutely, positively would not do?


*Is it rude to not rake up the leaves in one's yard? My husband thinks it is, he thinks the neighbors might not like our leaves blowing into their yard. I don't think it's rude at all. They're leaves. They might blow in the wind. I like the way they look. Please advise:)

 

 

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

This looks like a really fun book!!!