Thursday, October 29, 2009

Practice makes perfect.


I make it a point to get out and take pictures whenever I get a chance. I try and take my camera with me everywhere now because there are so many times I see something and think it would make a great picture- if only I had my camera with me. Wisconsin is a good place to ride around with your camera. I really, really, want to get a new lens because my only good one (50mm 1.8) limits me on my current camera. I'd like to get something faster and wider. Santa! Santa? All I want for Christmas is fast, wide, glass:) And my brother home from Afghanistan safely. And every other member of the armed forces home safely. And while you're at it world peace. I'm a simple girl, with simple wants.

Anyway, here are a few of my recent favorites from this, my favorite season:










I spotted this tree in our neighborhood and had to go back and take a picture. I've never seen anything like it- is it a special kind of tree or have the leaves changed colors at different rates for some reason to produce this effect? I googled "Rainbow tree" and got nothin'. Any ideas?




"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."

George Eliot



3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I love your spectacular rainbow tree!

Unknown said...

I think that happens when part of the tree is exposed to the cold (winds) and part is kept warmer from the cold wind because of protecting warm bolders or ground swelling. Eventually when its all cooled all of the leaves change. The kids look adorable and your photos are beautiful and glad to hear you all enjoyed the Dells. More later. Headed to the beach for a walk.

Fl. Aunt said...

oops. boulders