Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let's talk Country



Shall we? Did you watch the CMA's last night? My thoughts:

I love that Hootie aka Darius Rucker is country now! Whenever we're having a challenging moment with the kiddos I try to lighten the mood by singing "it won't be like this for long" in my deepest country voice. Chris just rolls his eyes but I know he secretly likes it.

I heart Kellie Pickler. She's a little bit of a dingbat but I think she's just adorable.

I loved hearing 'The Devil went down to Georgia'- that song is dope or sick or whatever the kids are saying these days. It reminds me of my childhood.

I think Brad Paisley and George Strait are class acts. Of course I don't know them personally, but I would venture to guess they are good guys. We need more men like this.

Who is Lady Antebellum?

I need to get some Judds on my shuffle. Grandpa...tell me 'bout the good ol' days. It would be good warm-down music. Not that I'm familiar with that these days.

Good for Taylor Swift! She's such a talented, poised young lady. I'm not big on celebrity role models, I feel that parents and friends and family should be more of an influence on children. But, if my girls are going to be influenced by popular culture I would prefer Taylor over Miley any day of the week.


Speaking of cute kids, have you seen this?




You're welcome:) Off to return some stuff to the store. Note to self: do NOT look around. Chris will kick your ask.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I didn't watch but I agree with you on SO many points. Love Devil went Down, too. (whatever the kids are saying...HAHAHAHA!) Love George Strait. I put the Judds into Pandora one day and the country music that came on took me right back.

That video was so funny. Hope you make it out of the store safely. We all need to treat ourselves once in a while. :)

Nikki said...

Taylor Swift is the first music that Talia picked out herself. I was flipping through the radio, which I NEVER do, and Talia said "Mom stop! I KNOW this song!" (apparently her friend was singing it at lunch in school). Then every day she kept asking for it. I had to google the lyrics to find out who it was. Luckily it's very tolerable and I'm kind of liking her too!