Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oops


I'm taking a break from balancing my checkbook (which isn't going well but I'm sure it's because I'm working on it in my bed at night) to post. Better late in the day than never!

Funny story from today. Let me start by saying Poppy brings home a lot of artwork. Wonderful, creative, original, and meaningful artwork. I love emptying her preschool cubby at the end of the day and talking about each masterpiece on our drive home. I don't love the paint stains on her clothing but that's another story for another post.

I do plan on keeping many of her school projects, but obviously some of them have to be- I feel guilty even typing this- thrown away. And some of them were, this morning when Poppy wasn't looking. Guess who found her own precious finger-paintings in the trash this evening? She said something along the lines of "what are these doing in here, these are mine, these are not trash".

She wasn't mad or heartbroken, just concerned. I think she believed my story that they must have fallen in accidentally when I was cleaning. I didn't have the heart to tell her I intended to throw them away. I'll let daddy have that little talk with her:)

I leave you with silly sister pictures. Good night:)







2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Oh my. Art work that fall in the trash.
You must be more careful!

hehe

You can get a Tupperware that is kind of big and flat and start filling it up.

Poppy can even decide what goes on the wall and what goes in the box for SAFE KEEPING!

Nikki said...

I "hide" the kids' artwork folded up in cereal boxes in the recycling. If they ever find it I blame it on the cleaning people. I also have a bin that I just throw everything into and then use to send to grandparents, wrap small gifts and sort through all at once...